Contact Info / Websites
Thanks to everyone who's sent feedback on the Patreon page so far. I wasn't 100% sold on the original iteration so I've made some pretty significant updates and I'm much happier with the direction it's moving in now. I'm still open to additional feedback for how I can make this page even better before I launch it on Halloween, so here's the link to the sneak peek in case you missed it:
The major change is moving from a tiered reward structure to a single pledge option. If you don't wanna click away from NG, you can read that section of the "About" page here:
I'm offering all of my rewards at a single tier for $1. If you want to pledge more, I won't stop you, but I want you to pledge because you want to pledge, not because you feel like you have to. If you don't think anything here is worth paying for, don't pay anything! All of my games will still be posted for free on Newgrounds a week or two after they're posted here, just like always.
If you become a Patron and decide to stop after a month or two, don't feel like you have to apologize - it's your money! You'll already have access to the Discord channel and you'll still be able to interact with the community on there, but you'll no longer be able to see any of the posts here on Patreon (including links to early access games). You can always jump back in when the time is right ;)
I don't want to put any of my games behind a paywall, but I do like to give my backers a little something extra. You'll notice the $1 tier is packed with lots of goodies. Here's what you can expect from your pledge:
- You'll be the first to play the newest Crypt Shyfter adventures! All Patrons get access to new games a week before they go live on Newgrounds. (You'll need a Newgrounds account in order to access beta test versions of new games, but don't worry- NG accounts are free to set up if you don't have one already!)
- Early access to behind-the-scenes updates, artwork, and photos
- A first look at new cover art and game synopses
- Access to the secret Crypt Shyfter Discord channel. Membership perks include Weekly Q&A live chats every Tuesday from 7-9pm EST and a place to hang out and talk about RPGs or find adventuring companions for your next Roll20 game night
- New information about Crypt Shyfter world lore, campaign settings, and other fun bits of trivia that you can use to spruce up your own RPG campaigns
- A special thanks in credits of new Crypt Shyfter games
- Twine templates, builds of old games, and tips you can use to create your own text adventure games
- The “Moonbright Template,” which is a story structure chart I use to map out new Crypt Shyfter games and structure my homebrew D&D campaigns
Whether you become a Patron or not, thank you for reading and following along on this adventure. It's crazy that I'm even considering doing a Patreon, but I never would have taken this leap without you.
Now it's time for me to go write my next game. I'll see you on Newgrounds!