i organized my steam account today and broke my games down into the following categories:
- badass- these are top tier games that i'll love forever, even if they don't age well. cherished memories live here
- gold star- these games were awesome and i had tons of fun with them, and i'd probably replay any or all of them if i had time in the future, but they're not QUITE at the legendary status of the ones above. even so, these are all great games
- meh- i played it. i finished it. it was ok. not life changing. i enjoyed it for what it was, but i'll never play it again
- shit pit- these games were so bad i didn't even bother to finish them because i'd be wasting my life. most of these games have less than 2-3 hours of playtime. i regret buying these, and so i hide them in the pit of shit
- ugh- these are games that i REALLY wanted to like, but couldn't bring myself to finish playing them for one reason or another. they're the games i beat myself up over for buying and not finishing, either because i got stuck somewhere and couldn't get any farther or because my interest in the genre faded by the time i got to it. these guys are the most unfortunate, because in another timeline they would have been my favorite games
does anyone else categorize their steam games? what are your categories?
what are your "badass" games? the most recent game i put into the badass category was tomb raider (2013). i got it for $3 and its freaking cool. super linear, but i couldnt put it down so i blazed through the campaign.
also just picked up far cry 5 for $13.50 at the razer store- looking forward to trying that out. i've never played a far cry campaign, only custom maps my old roommate used to build on his xbox 360, so this will be new for me